Launching a new video campaign in Google Ads without adding any exclusions will often result in the majority of your budget being taken up by children.
Unless you’re selling children’s products this may not be the best strategy and is often not an idea result to show your clients.
In order to try prevent this from happening I have been creating a list of excluded placements with each and every display campaign I have worked on over the past couple of years.
Currently the list of excluded kids’ YouTube channels is at a staggering 8,000 and is published for you to use for free: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_-AcVpKhwFpz2MYO2kbQ8gtqO-TlkOZqFqY44dmTQE/edit#gid=0
How to bulk upload YouTube exclusions to Google Ads
1. Open your account and video campaign in Google Ads Editor.
2. Go to Keywords & targeting –> YouTube channels, Negative
3. Then click the Make multiple changes button
4. Copy the two columns from the Google Spreadsheet above from row 2 to the bottom and click Paste from clipboard in the pop-up in Editor and select the campaign(s)/ad group(s) you want them pasted in. Then click the dropdown at the top of the second column and select Channel ID. Then click Process.
5. Publish your changes. All done!
Follow me on Twitter for more Google Ads and PPC Tips: https://twitter.com/barriesmithii